Forum: Ruby on Rails [ANN] DevLists :: Mailing lists made easy

Dave T. (Guest)
I have tried various mail clients to read the Rails mailing list for the
past 12 months. As the list volume grew, it became utterly impossible to
browse through the new messages and very hard to locate the useful gems
I had previously found. After subscribing to a few more lists, I
realized that there had to be a better way.  I could not find anything
to meet my needs, so I designed DevLists, which, thanks to rails, was
easier done than said.

as possible by providing one simple, clean interface for reading your
favorite mailing lists and posting responses.

DevLists is packed full of features to make it possible to keep
up-to-date on multiple mailing lists, including:
 * Ability to mark favorites by flagging interesting messages, threads,
and posters
 * Easily track new/unread messages for each subscribed list
 * Fully functional keyboard navigation
 * Full support for folding quotes within messages
 * All messages are persisted for easy reference and searching.

All this and it is just v1.0!  Take some time to watch the movie and
decide for yourself.  Then be sure to let me know what you think!

Cheers!
Dave T.
Co-author of http://devlists.com
Jarkko L. (Guest)
On 19.1.2006, at 15.13, Dave T. wrote:

> I have tried various mail clients to read the Rails mailing list
> for the
> past 12 months. As the list volume grew, it became utterly
> impossible to
> browse through the new messages and very hard to locate the useful
> gems
> I had previously found. After subscribing to a few more lists, I
> realized that there had to be a better way.  I could not find anything
> to meet my needs, so I designed DevLists, which, thanks to rails, was
> easier done than said.

Kudos, Dave. From a quick look that looks really promising.

//jarkko

--
Jarkko L.
http://jlaine.net

--
-- Tom M.
Roustem K. (Guest)

On Thursday, January 19, 2006, at 8:34 AM, Tom M. wrote:
>> <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
>>impossible to
>> browse through the new messages and very hard to locate the useful > gems
>> I had previously found. After subscribing to a few more lists, I
>> realized that there had to be a better way.  I could not find anything
>> to meet my needs, so I designed DevLists, which, thanks to rails, was
>> easier done than said.

Best Regards, Roustem.
Ezra Z. (Guest)
On Jan 19, 2006, at 5:13 AM, Dave T. wrote:

>  * Fully functional keyboard navigation
>  * Full support for folding quotes within messages
>  * All messages are persisted for easy reference and searching.
>
> All this and it is just v1.0!  Take some time to watch the movie and
> decide for yourself.  Then be sure to let me know what you think!
>
> Cheers!
> Dave T.
> Co-author of http://devlists.com

Dave-

	Wow, pretty cool. I definitely think this looks really promising.
Great job!

Cheers-
-Ezra Z.
Yakima Herald-Republic