Forum: Ruby Ruby quiz idea

Kev J. (Guest)
http://www.norvig.com/java-lisp.html

This is is a bit of a challenge, see links in post for original coding
challenge.  It'd be interesting to see how much time it'd take in Ruby -
Lisp 2 hours, C++ roughly 5.5 [1]

found on reddit.com

Is there a defined way to submit ruby quizes?  I haven't looked at the
site, so feel free to wail and gnash teeth if it's clearly sign posted
anywhere

Kev

[1] http://userpages.umbc.edu/~bcorfm1/C++-vs-Lisp.html
Robert R. (Guest)
Kev J. schrieb:

> anywhere
>
> Kev
>
> [1] http://userpages.umbc.edu/~bcorfm1/C++-vs-Lisp.html

Here is a paragraph from rubyquiz.com:

Can I Submit A Ruby Q. Topic?
    *Please do!* Ruby Q. depends on community support. The only /goal/
    we try to follow with the quizzes is to keep them pretty short (30
    minutes to an hour to solve for the average coder). This is
    obviously vague, so use your best judgment. We're interested in fun
    little diversions, not a massive time sink. Send all submissions to
    James Edward G. II
    <mailto:removed_email_address@domain.invalid?subject=Ruby%20Quiz%20Suggestion>,
    the Ruby Q. Administrator. Please indicate whether or not you
    would like to do the Summary for your topic in your submission
    message. Feel free to submit as often as you like.
James G. (Guest)
On Jan 18, 2006, at 11:16 PM, Kev J. wrote:

> http://www.norvig.com/java-lisp.html
>
> This is is a bit of a challenge, see links in post for original
> coding challenge.

This was already a Ruby Q.:

http://www.rubyquiz.com/quiz20.html

We weren't as strict with our requirements as them, but the quiz was
modeled off of that challenge.

James Edward G. II