Forum: Ruby on Rails Support for foreign keys in Migrations

Steve E. (Guest)
Is there any work being done to add support for defining foreign keys in
ActiveRecord Migrations?  If not is it something that people would find
useful or do most people here believe in the "Application Database"
style
over the "Integration Database" style [1] as defined by Fowler?

I'd love to see support for foreign keys in Migrations.  For selfish
reasons
I'd be most interested in such support for SQL Server and Oracle.

Cheers,
Steve

[1] http://martinfowler.com/bliki/DatabaseStyles.html
Joshua B. (Guest)
This plugin does it for mysql & postgre.
http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/Foreign+Ke...
Darragh C. (Guest)
on 2006-01-19 01:15
Joshua B. wrote:
> This plugin does it for mysql & postgre.
> http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/Foreign+Ke...

maybe a little simpler - but so far servicing my needs, hadn't looked at
the other one until now.

http://blog.alancfrancis.com/2005/11/add_foreign_key.html
Steve E. (Guest)
Joshua/Darragh,