Forum: Ruby on Rails Migration?

Hasan D. (Guest)
I just installed ruby, lighttpd, and mysql from darwinports on me
laptop in lieu of the Apple version of ruby. Now when I fire up my
rails application, it's not running lighttpd anymore -- it's running
webrick. It also exits immediately. MySQL is running, the database
and tables are restored from the backup. What step am I missing?
Thanks for the help!
Cheers,
Hasan D. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Ben R. (Guest)
Might want to check that light is in your path.  If not, you will need
add it to your .bash_login.

~ Ben
Amr M. (Guest)
on 2006-01-18 21:52
Hasan D. wrote:
> I just installed ruby, lighttpd, and mysql from darwinports on me
> laptop in lieu of the Apple version of ruby. Now when I fire up my
> rails application, it's not running lighttpd anymore -- it's running
> webrick. It also exits immediately. MySQL is running, the database
> and tables are restored from the backup. What step am I missing?
> Thanks for the help!
> Cheers,
> Hasan D. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>

Hasan,
  I wrote a little blurb on this on my blog which also points to some
handy links. ( http://oneless.blogspot.com/2006/01/mighty-lighty.html )

HTH,

Amr