Forum: Ruby on Rails Ruby and PDF creation...

Thila T. (Guest)
on 2006-01-18 18:12
Hi-
I need to create PDF docs on the fly with data from a database. I see
couple of options floating around to achieve this in Ruby. Can anyone
recommend the best way to do this? Also any helpful hints or sample
programs will be appreciated.

Thanks
Thila
Austin Z. (Guest)
On 18/01/06, thila thila <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Hi-
> I need to create PDF docs on the fly with data from a database. I see
> couple of options floating around to achieve this in Ruby. Can anyone
> recommend the best way to do this? Also any helpful hints or sample
> programs will be appreciated.

Yes. PDF::Writer will get you most of the way you need, and as I get
time to revisit it, it will become even better.

There are a couple of known issues with PDF::Writer regarding memory
use in some cases, and in some cases it appears that full
justification isn't *quite* full (it's close, but not quite), but it
is doing the job for a lot of people.

-austin
--
Austin Z. * removed_email_address@domain.invalid