Forum: Ruby on Rails Ruby and charting

Thila T. (Guest)
on 2006-01-18 18:10
Hi-
I need to create simple charts on the fly - I had used JFreeChart in the
past with inJ2EE apps. Is there any equivalent here for Ruby. My
charting needs are simple: just line charts.

Also if anyone has done this, pls let me know how I should go about in
doing it.

Thanks
Jules J. (Guest)
on 2006-01-18 18:32
Gruff:

http://nubyonrails.com/pages/gruff

Gruff + Rails:

http://www.undefined.com/ia/archives/2005/12/gruff...

Seems to have a nice and simple interface.

Jules
Ugo C. (Guest)
Il giorno 18/gen/06, alle ore 17:10, thila thila ha scritto:

> I need to create simple charts on the fly - I had used JFreeChart
> in the
> past with inJ2EE apps. Is there any equivalent here for Ruby. My
> charting needs are simple: just line charts.

Try gruff. http://nubyonrails.topfunky.com/pages/gruff

	Ugo

--
Ugo C.
Tech Blog: http://agylen.com/

go to rubyforge.net

Alexandre Miguel de Andrade Souza wrote:
>      > in the
>      > past with inJ2EE apps. Is there any equivalent here for Ruby. My
>      > charting needs are simple: just line charts.
>
>     Try gruff. http://nubyonrails.topfunky.com/pages/gruff
>
>             Ugo

Gruff uses RMagick anyway...
Joe A. (Guest)
on 2006-01-18 22:28
I like SVG GRAPH

http://www.germane-software.com/software/SVG/SVG::Graph/

Works great .. now that Foxfire 1.5 supports SVG

Hint: in view: <%= graph.burn %>