Forum: Ruby on Rails Partial Problems

levi mccallum (Guest)
Hey guys,

I'm having a little trouble working out partials.
I have successfully made a partial work in my list.rhtml, but as I see
it on
the 15min introductry video. They guy uses one partial on multipul
pages.

At the moment I am trying this in my show.rhtml, I write <%= render
:partial
=> "journal" %> and I get this.

NoMethodError in Write#show
> 4: 	<span><%= write.date.to_s(:long) %></span>
>
> Trace of template inclusion: /app/views/write/show.rhtml
>
> RAILS_ROOT: C:/source/lifejournal/public/../config/..

If anyone has any answers, please help a n00b.

Thanks
Tom M. (Guest)
I'd venture to guess that @write is a single ActiveRecord object, not
a collection.

If it *is* a collection, you should have named it @writes, at the
very least.

Note: It's not the naming that caused me to suggest the problem, but
it's a
          separate rant of its own. :-)

--
-- Tom M.