Forum: Ruby on Rails RE: Hotlinking an entire row in an HTML table

unknown (Guest)
Dave Davidson wrote:
> Any insights into the best way of doing this?  I'm thinking it would
> be a JS solution, but I'm not really familiar enough with it to know
> which angle to attack it from.

Hi Dave,

I solved this by adding the following to every <td> in the row:

onClick="window.location='show/<%= foobar[:id] %>'">

Maybe there is a way to make the javascript act on the <tr>, but I
wasn't able to find it easily. Adding this to each <td> works just fine.

   Matt

--
Matt C. Wagner
Information Security Analyst

Network Intrusion Detection
Security Operations Center
Corporate Information Security
Wells Fargo Bank
Nic W. (Guest)
To hijack this thread a little, how do you make it so the popup
windows sends information back to the main window? Like clicking a
link could bring up a specific search popup, user clicks results and
those results go back to the main?

- Nic.

<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> onClick="window.location='show/<%= foobar[:id] %>'">
> Network Intrusion Detection
> Security Operations Center
> Corporate Information Security
> Wells Fargo Bank

- Nic
Kyle M. (Guest)
> > > Any insights into the best way of doing this?  I'm thinking it would
> > Maybe there is a way to make the javascript act on the <tr>, but I
> > Corporate Information Security
> - Nic

This looks like a job for Behaviour:

 http://bennolan.com/behaviour/