Forum: Ruby on Rails Read data from Excel

Kaan K. (Guest)
If you work on Windows you can use the win32ole implementation:
http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?ScriptingExcel
You'll also find an introduction in the "Programming Ruby" Book.

Otherwise your client could save the excel sheets as csv.

derkaan

> A client of mine has a ton of data stored in Excel spreadsheets.  I'm
> building a web application for her (backed by a real db of course) and
want
> to import all that data.  Is there a library available to read data from
> Excel?  Is there an easy way to upload the spreadsheets and then read the
> data?

14.01.2006