Forum: Ruby on Rails Curl help

Dallas (Guest)
on 2006-01-16 16:47
I've been searching around for a curl implementation on ruby and havn't
had much luck.  I have run into open-uri and Net::HTTP but they just
arnt as robust as curl.  The closest thing i found was this previous
thread from July

on using ruby-dl to load libcurl.  Has anyone gotten any farther on this
implementation?  I have to admit I'm a ruby newbie and I'm not as strong
in C as I would like so I'm having troubles extending this example
farther.  I'm able to set some of the easy_setopt options but actually
fetching the page is eluding me.  Any  help or ideas would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Dallas
Jan Schreiber (Guest)
Dallas (Guest)
on 2006-01-16 17:54
Hey Jan,

Thanks, I found that link too.  I guess I gave up right away because the
README says

 O/S
    FreeBSD only now. sorry!
    maybe easy to port to Linux and Win. Sombody please!

I'm using Fedora, but I guess I can try to figure out how to get it
working there (coming from PHP world still a newbie on getting libraries
like this compiled in)

-Dallas