Forum: Ruby on Rails Problem with production on Dreamhost - TemplateError

Tom T. (Guest)
Hi all,

I'm trying to deploy my app to Dreamhost for production. I've managed to
solve all of the Error 500s and it's *almost* working.

When I try and view a page, I get a TemplateError that I don't get when
I'm running from home using InstantRails under Windows.

The error is:

ActionView::TemplateError (undefined method `user?' for
#<#<Class:0x40a7c224>:0x409e0644>) on line #15 of
app/views/layouts/application.rhtml:

The method 'user?' is definitely present as an application helper. It
reads:

def user?
	!session[:user].nil?
end

The most confusing thing is that there are no problems with this when
running on my development box!

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

Tom
Scott (Guest)
on 2006-02-28 08:21
I couldn't spot any replies to the query below.

I have pretty much the same problem.  Development (webrick) an
production (apache & fastcgi, just a staging deployment) are both
running on the same linux box.

It is like application_helper.rb is not executing.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

TIA,

Scott