Forum: Ruby Problems with SRPM of ruby-1.8.4

Matt L. (Guest)
I'm building ruby-1.8.4 on CentOS4 (clone of RHEL4) and I ran into a
couple of problems.  First, the build requires libX11-devel which isn't
available for CentOS4 and doesn't seem to be needed.  Second, the build
uses yacc, but it is not listed as a requirement.

Very minor problems, but I thought y'all shoul know.

-- Matt
Nothing great was ever accomplished without _passion_
Aredridel (Guest)
On Mon, 2006-01-16 at 14:56 +0900, Matt L. wrote:
> I'm building ruby-1.8.4 on CentOS4 (clone of RHEL4) and I ran into a
> couple of problems.  First, the build requires libX11-devel which isn't
> available for CentOS4 and doesn't seem to be needed.  Second, the build
> uses yacc, but it is not listed as a requirement.

Whose SRPMs are these? I don't think there's official ones...
Oliver A. (Guest)

your error message looks like you are using the packages from Fedora
Core 5, which includes libX11-devel. Recently, 1.8.4 has been added to
updates for Fedora Core 4. Take this SRPM and it shall work.

Best regards,
Oliver

2006/1/16, Matt L. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
unknown (Guest)
On Monday 16 January 2006 02:56 pm, Matt L. wrote:
> I'm building ruby-1.8.4 on CentOS4 (clone of RHEL4) and I ran into a
> couple of problems.  First, the build requires libX11-devel which isn't
> available for CentOS4 and doesn't seem to be needed.  Second, the build
> uses yacc, but it is not listed as a requirement.
>
> Very minor problems, but I thought y'all shoul know.
>
> -- Matt
> Nothing great was ever accomplished without _passion_

ENOTFROMRUBYLANG

Tsume