Forum: Ruby on Rails SwitchTower and SCGI

Francois B. (Guest)
Hi !

Following the manual, section 2.6 describes how to replace the restart
task.  Since I'm using Lighttpd and SCGI, I did the following:

desc "Restart the web server"
task :restart, :roles => :app do
  sudo "cd #{deploy_to}/#{current} && scgi_cluster stop <
#{deploy_to}/#{current}/config/.password"
  sudo "cd #{deploy_to}/#{current} && scgi_cluster start"
end

Is it normal that I have to build the path myself ?  Is there a
variable that's not mentionned anywhere that returns the whole path at
once, instead of having to build it myself, piecemeal ?

If not, I know I can build it myself, using a Proc, near the start of
deploy.rb.

Thanks !
Francois B. (Guest)
Hi !

2006/1/13, Francois B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> Following the manual, section 2.6 describes how to replace the restart
> task.  Since I'm using Lighttpd and SCGI, I did the following:

I know, bad form to reply to self, but I already know about my
current_dir error.  I also found in the manual release_path, which is
what I was searching for.

Sorry for the noise.

Where should additions to the manual be posted ?

Bye !
Jamis B. (Guest)
On Jan 13, 2006, at 5:52 PM, Francois B. wrote:

> Sorry for the noise.
>
> Where should additions to the manual be posted ?

Please post them to the rails trac as enhancements to SwitchTower.

   http://dev.rubyonrails.org/newticket

- Jamis