Forum: Ruby on Rails installing rails in vendor

Theodore M. (Guest)
Does a rails project automatically switch to using a "local" copy of
the rails libs if it exists in the vendor directory, or do I need to
tweak something else to pick it up?

Thanks!

-Theo
Jules J. (Guest)
on 2006-01-13 23:06
I don't know, but I do know that if you do:

rake freeze_edge

that Rails does use the vendor directory...
Theodore M. (Guest)
Hmm, ok. Hopefully it doesn't install EdgeRails in the process. I just
want a localized copy of rails outside of the gem. Thanks.
Jules J. (Guest)
on 2006-01-13 23:17
It does install edgerails, but you see all the things it does. If you
read the log carefully, you'll know if it modifies any files outside
vendor.
Jim Hughes (Guest)
Sean S. (Guest)
I think he is looking for "rake freeze_gems" as he is not looking to run
edge rails, but rather lock in a specific version?

-Sean
Jim Hughes (Guest)
Yes, it's covered on that page.
Ezra Z. (Guest)
On Jan 13, 2006, at 1:08 PM, Theodore M. wrote:

You want this then:

$ rake freeze_gems

Cheers-
-Ezra Z.