Forum: Ruby Calling all Freebsders.

Dick D. (Guest)
Quick heads up for any FreeBSD users on list - the
FreeBSD ports tree is being bumped to include 1.8.4
Any Day Now (it's been 1.8.2 for ages).

See below if you fancy a preview, the URL has patches you
can apply to your ports tree to try it out.
Daniel C. (Guest)
Cool, I'll get those patches installed tonight on my server.

Thanks for the tip.

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 10:23:27 -0500, Dick D.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
J. Ryan S. (Guest)
Woot!

~ ryan ~
unknown (Guest)
On Saturday 14 January 2006 12:23 am, Dick D. wrote:
> Quick heads up for any FreeBSD users on list - the
> FreeBSD ports tree is being bumped to include 1.8.4
> Any Day Now (it's been 1.8.2 for ages).
>
> See below if you fancy a preview, the URL has patches you
> can apply to your ports tree to try it out.

Does portupgrade with with 1.8.4? I mean all the options, not just a
couple
switch commands :)

Tsume
Dick D. (Guest)
> On Saturday 14 January 2006 12:23 am, Dick D. wrote:
> > Quick heads up for any FreeBSD users on list - the
> > FreeBSD ports tree is being bumped to include 1.8.4

> Does portupgrade with with 1.8.4? I mean all the options, not just a couple
> switch commands :)

That's one of the things to test, I guess :)

I'll let you know tomorrow (if I still have a network).
Luc H. (Guest)
On 13 janv. 06, at 16:23, Dick D. wrote:

> Quick heads up for any FreeBSD users on list - the
> FreeBSD ports tree is being bumped to include 1.8.4
> Any Day Now (it's been 1.8.2 for ages).

On a slightly related note, ruby has also recently (like, a few days
ago) been bumped to 1.8.4 in DarwinPorts (it was still at 1.8.2 for
ages as well).