Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails newbie on Debian: require 'pathname' error

Dick M. (Guest)
Hello,

	Trying to get this 'thing' to do something for me - whenever I run
script/something I get the following error:

./script/../config/boot.rb:6:in `require': No such file to load --
pathname (LoadError)
         from ./script/../config/boot.rb:6
         from script/generate:2:in `require'
         from script/generate:2

and boot.rb:6 says require 'pathname'

What is it I need to install/configure to do fix this?

I'm running Debian sid/unstable.

Oh - and another thing:  I've created data bases and modified my
database.yml file - what do I do next?

Thanks

Dick
Dick M. (Guest)
Dick M. wrote:

>     Trying to get this 'thing' to do something for me - whenever I run
> script/something I get the following error:
>
> ./script/../config/boot.rb:6:in `require': No such file to load --
> pathname (LoadError)
>         from ./script/../config/boot.rb:6
>         from script/generate:2:in `require'
>         from script/generate:2

Found the problem:  I had an old version of ruby in /usr/local which I'd
forgotten about.

Sorry.

Dick