Forum: Ruby CGI library for Ruby

Salvatore S. (Guest)
Hello!

I want to port a web application to Ruby. I know about Ruby on Rails
and
other powerful frameworks but this project is simple enough and I'm new
enough to Ruby that all I want is a reliable CGI library with a very
sane
API. All the features I need is access to GET/POST parameters, cookies
handling,
file upload support. Sessions are not required.

May you please suggest one?

Thank you very much for your help,
Salvatore
Kev J. (Guest)
Salvatore S. wrote:

>May you please suggest one?
>
>Thank you very much for your help,
>Salvatore

CGI is a core/standard library in Ruby.  Look in the Pickaxe 2 book for
an example of it being used

Kev
Justin C. (Guest)
And here's the link:

http://ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/cgi/rdoc/index.html

The CGI library supports cookies and sessions pretty much transparently,
as well as including nearly all the HTML generation methods you would
need.

-Justin
Jules J. (Guest)
on 2006-01-13 23:37
Justin C. wrote:
> And here's the link:
>
> http://ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/cgi/rdoc/index.html
>
> The CGI library supports cookies and sessions pretty much transparently,
> as well as including nearly all the HTML generation methods you would
> need.
>
> -Justin

And you could use ERB templates to generate HTML.