Forum: Ruby on Rails VCard Upload Import

Kyle M. (Guest)
I'm trying to add Vcard import functionality and I keep getting the
following using the code provided below. I'm using the VPIM library
to decode the vcards and add them to my database table. Can someone
help me out, or point me in a different direction for importing
VCards. Thanks.

Error:
cannot convert StringIO into String

Controller Code:
require 'vpim/vcard'

if request.post? and params[:import_file]
	cards = Vpim::Vcard.decode(File.open(params[:import_file]))
end
Benjamin S. (Guest)
> if request.post? and params[:import_file]
> 	cards = Vpim::Vcard.decode(File.open(params[:import_file]))
> end

Try File::read instead of File::open.

-Ben
Kyle M. (Guest)
I still get the same "cannot convert StringIO into String" error
message when I changed it to File.read

- Kyle