Forum: Ruby on Rails Domain Registration -- Private ?

Warren S. (Guest)
The domain registration companies are pushing an add-on called 'Private
Registration'
where they keep your email and other personal info secret to prevent
spam.  Is this a good
deal?  Is it needed?  Do you have it?  Do you wish you did?

 Warren
Dylan S. (Guest)
I've never bought into it, and haven't had any problem.
Craig W. (Guest)
On 12 Jan 2006, at 20:55, Warren S. wrote:
> The domain registration companies are pushing an add-on called
> 'Private Registration' where they keep your email and other
> personal info secret to prevent spam.  Is this a good deal?  Is it
> needed?  Do you have it?  Do you wish you did?

We sometimes get mail from "The Domain Registry of America" trying to
get us to renew our domains with them at an outrageous price. Apart
from that we've had no bother.

Yours,
Craig
--
Craig W. | t: +44 (0)131 516 8595 | e: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Xeriom.NET    | f: +44 (0)131 661 0689 | w: http://xeriom.net
On Thu, Jan 12, 2006, Warren S. wrote:
> The domain registration companies are pushing an add-on called 'Private Registration'
> where they keep your email and other personal info secret to prevent spam.  Is this a
good
> deal?  Is it needed?  Do you have it?  Do you wish you did?

I get on the order of 5-10 messages a day to addresses that exist only
in my DNS record.  My spam filtering works pretty well, it's not worth
the money I'd spend on the 'private' domain registration.

Pointless, in my opinion.

Ben
Ezra Z. (Guest)
On Jan 12, 2006, at 2:02 PM, Ben B. wrote:

> Pointless, in my opinion.
>
> Ben

pointless += 1

-Ezra Z.