Forum: Ruby Newbie question: find source code of Enumerable, Comparable

unknown (Guest)
Hi there,

I'm new to Ruby and trying to read the source, beside the books, to
understand the language. While I can find the source for many library
classes in the folder lib/ruby/1.8, I cannot find the source for
classes such as Kernel, Enumerable, Comparable, String, Array etc.

Is there any hint on where I can find those source files?

Thanks,

Dor
Kev J. (Guest)

>Dor

These are probably written in C (I'm sure someone will confirm this).
Kernel almost has to be written in C.

The full source for ruby can be downloaded from the CVS at ruby-lang.org

Kev
Daniel H. (Guest)
> <snip> Kernel, Enumerable, Comparable, String, Array etc.
>
> Is there any hint on where I can find those source files?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dor

They are wrote in C, so download the ruby source to view them.

-- Daniel
unknown (Guest)
Ah, I didn't know that. Thank you, Kev and Daniel.