Forum: Ruby on Rails Anybody building elearning apps with Rails

unknown (Guest)
Hello

I'm new to rails (just boarded the Train a week ago). I've been an
elearning developer for about 10 years and for the last couple of years
have solely concentrated on adding tools to a proprietary Learning
Management System built in Coldfusion. ...But I'm also a Java and
ASP.NET
developer.

I am keen to start an open source rails inspired project to build the
generation learning and teaching system. I don't want to use the term
"Learning Management System" as these systems are too big and management
focussed to be useful. I am much more interested in using Rails and Ajax
to build learning tools.

Anyway just wondering if anybody else is using rails to build learning
tools.

Take Care

Aneesha
Robert J. (Guest)

> "Learning Management System" as these systems are too big and management
> focussed to be useful. I am much more interested in using Rails and Ajax
> to build learning tools.
>
> Anyway just wondering if anybody else is using rails to build learning
> tools.
>
> Take Care
>
> Aneesha

Hi - I'm not exactly developing a learning tool at the moment, but I'm
in
the same ballpark - FreeMIS is an open source school MIS.  I've found
Rails
really productive!

--
Robert J.
Joseph Chan (Guest)

Check out this blog: http://grahamglass.blogs.com/main/

The author is working on education related product in RoR.

Joe