Forum: Ruby on Rails Test fixtures not loaded

Frank S. (Guest)
I have a problem with test fixtures. The data from the fixtures is
loaded into the db (MySQL) but the variables in the test cases are not
present. The logfiles contain nothing looking like an error.

Any hints what I could have done wrong? Or how to debug this situation?

thanks
Frank
Joerg D. (Guest)
on 2006-01-11 12:17
Hi Frank,

If you're using Rails 0.14x or higher, you can switch instantiated
fixtures on or off in the test_helper.rb file.

self.use_instantiated_fixtures  = true

If you set it to true, you should have your variables ... if that is
what you meant by 'variables'.
Frank S. (Guest)
Joerg D. wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> If you're using Rails 0.14x or higher, you can switch instantiated
> fixtures on or off in the test_helper.rb file.
>
> self.use_instantiated_fixtures  = true
>
> If you set it to true, you should have your variables ... if that is
> what you meant by 'variables'.

yes, that's what I meant. Thank you, I'll try it later...

bye
Frank