Forum: Ruby-Forum please host/offer the French ruby list group

Alain R. (Guest)
on 2006-01-10 20:13
group:
    http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.rails

Thanks in advance

Alain
Andreas S. (Guest)
on 2006-01-10 20:49
Alain R. wrote:
> group:
>     http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.rails

Do you mean gmane.comp.lang.ruby.rails.french or
gmane.comp.lang.ruby.french?

If the list admin agrees, and if the list is open for non-member posts,
I'll gladly create a forum for any mailing list.
Alain R. (Guest)
on 2006-01-10 21:52
Andreas S.

   > Do you mean gmane.comp.lang.ruby.rails.french or
yes, sorry.

   > If the list admin agrees, and if the list is open for non-member
posts,

It's already in gmane => it's public and open and visible

The list readers would benefit from your service
The list visibility would increase
If you insist though, I can ask the admin, but your 'clients' are us,
the readers, so..`

Alain
Andreas S. (Guest)
on 2006-01-10 22:10
Alain R. wrote:
> Andreas S.
>
>    > Do you mean gmane.comp.lang.ruby.rails.french or
> yes, sorry.
>
>    > If the list admin agrees, and if the list is open for non-member
> posts,
>
> It's already in gmane => it's public and open and visible

But does it allow non-member posts? Otherwise posting from the forum
won't work.

> The list readers would benefit from your service
> The list visibility would increase
> If you insist though, I can ask the admin, but your 'clients' are us,
> the readers, so..`

Please ask.
Richard P. (Guest)
on 2006-01-10 23:50
Hi Andreas,

I'm the admin of the list and i've been contacted by Alain, i confirm
that it's open for non-members posts. It'll be great if you could create
a forum for hosting our list.

Thanks a lot for offering this service,

Bests,

Richard
Andreas S. (Guest)

I set it up, but the posts from the forum bounce back:

>Votre courrier à 'Railsfrance' dont l'objet est
>
>    French Rails Forum
>
>est en attente jusqu'à ce que le modérateur de la liste puisse le
>consulter pour approbation.

You either have to open the list for non-member posts or tell me the
list password, so that I can add an "Approved" header to the mails.