Forum: Ruby fxtable and SEL_REPLACED??

_blackdog (Guest)
Hi there

i've been using fxruby 1.4 and it's very good. one wrinkle though is
i'm trying to get an event back from a table after i've entered data
into a cell and don't find any events that do the job by perusing the
fxruby 1.4 docs.

however, the Fox1.4 class reference mentions a SEL_REPLACE event, and
indeed it seems i can use this in fxruby

  @table.connect(SEL_REPLACED) {|sender, selector, data|
        puts "got replacement"
      }

this seems to work, i.e. my message is printed, but it does generate
the following assertion from fox

FXRuby.cpp:793: FXASSERT(FALSE) failed.

so the question is, is this event safe to use on a regular basis -  if
not how do i find out a data entry has been entered.

thanks

BD
Joel VanderWerf (Guest)
_blackdog wrote:
>   @table.connect(SEL_REPLACED) {|sender, selector, data|
>
> thanks
>
> BD

I see that too, but can't answer your question. You might want to ask it
on the fxruby list.
_blackdog (Guest)
quick followup to anyone interested, the SEL_REPLACED event works on
Linux, with the assert printed, but crashes a windows application.

BD
Lyle J. (Guest)
On 1/12/06, _blackdog <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> quick followup to anyone interested, the SEL_REPLACED event works on
> Linux, with the assert printed, but crashes a windows application.

I filed a bug report on your behalf at the project page (see
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?atid=1223&group_id=3...).
This bug will be fixed in the next release of FXRuby.
_blackdog (Guest)
many thanks lyle I'll try and help you out by doing that myself next
time!

cheers

BD