Forum: Ruby on Rails the dreaded error Before updating scaffolding from new DB s

Derek B. (Guest)
on 2006-01-10 05:56
Hi
I am pretty sure that this is a common nuby problem but I cannot figure
it out i try to run scfaoldong and get a error  "Before updating
scaffolding from new DB schema, try creating a table for your model"

I have mysql set up and created the tables etc.

Derek
Daniel W. (Guest)
Derek Belsham wrote:
> Hi
> I am pretty sure that this is a common nuby problem but I cannot figure
> it out i try to run scfaoldong and get a error  "Before updating
> scaffolding from new DB schema, try creating a table for your model"
>
> I have mysql set up and created the tables etc.
>
> Derek

Did you define your database connection information in
config/database.yml?

What is the syntax of your command?

Dan
Derek B. (Guest)
on 2006-01-10 18:02
Daniel W. wrote:
> Derek Belsham wrote:
>> Hi
>> I am pretty sure that this is a common nuby problem but I cannot figure
>> it out i try to run scfaoldong and get a error  "Before updating
>> scaffolding from new DB schema, try creating a table for your model"
>>
>> I have mysql set up and created the tables etc.
>>
>> Derek
>>

> Did you define your database connection information in
> config/database.yml?
>
> What is the syntax of your command?
>
> Dan

Here is the config/database.yml

# MySQL (default setup).  Versions 4.1 and 5.0 are recommended.
#
# Get the fast C bindings:
#   gem install mysql
#   (on OS X: gem install mysql -- --include=/usr/local/lib)
# And be sure to use new-style password hashing:
#   http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/old-client.html
development:
  adapter: mysql
  database: blog_development
  host: localhost
  username: derek
  password: wcug13
  # socket: /tmp/mysql.sock

  # Connect on a TCP socket.  If omitted, the adapter will connect on
the
  # domain socket given by socket instead.
  host: localhost
  #port: 3306

# Warning: The database defined as 'test' will be erased and
# re-generated from your development database when you run 'rake'.
# Do not set this db to the same as development or production.
test:
  adapter: mysql
  database: blog_test
  host: localhost