Forum: Ruby Montastic: the free website monitoring system that doesn't s

jean vacance (Guest)
We are proud to announce this free website monitoring service:

Montastic will alert you by email if your website goes down, so you
know about it before your customers call you.

It is built with Ajax and Ruby on Rails. Check it out, it is really
useful and it is the sexiest monitoring service available :)

www.montastic.com
m4dc4p (Guest)
Cool service, thanks for putting it out there!
Andreas S. (Guest)
jean vacance wrote:
> We are proud to announce this free website monitoring service:
>
> Montastic will alert you by email if your website goes down, so you
> know about it before your customers call you.
>
> It is built with Ajax and Ruby on Rails. Check it out, it is really
> useful and it is the sexiest monitoring service available :)

I like it. How often is the status checked?
Luke Duncalfe (Guest)
> > It is built with Ajax and Ruby on Rails. Check it out, it is really
> > useful and it is the sexiest monitoring service available :)
>
> I like it. How often is the status checked?

FAQ #2:

How often does the system monitor my sites?

Every 10 minutes at the minimum.
Ben M. (Guest)
On 1/10/06, jean vacance <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> We are proud to announce this free website monitoring service:
> www.montastic.com

Looks nice!

Reading the FAQ, I found [1] and [2]. In light of that, any chance of
open sourcing it?

I'd be interested in extending it to include some statistics, email
alerts and the ability to check for a "matching sentence" (all work
submitted back to the project for everyone to use of course).

[1] Why is it free? Is there a catch?

There is no catch. We developed Montastic for us and the cost of
development was minimal. Montastic is 100% automated and adding
servers to monitors costs virtually nothing. So, we wanted to share
its usefulness and its fun with others.

[2] What's the big plan about it?

There is no plan. We are just going to use it ourselves and make it
better based on the feedback you send us.