Forum: Ruby need help to place my gem in proper location

Mohammad K. (Guest)
Hello Group,

I have place my gem file at:
http://rubyforge.org/projects/ruby-agi/

I thought, placeing any gem file in rubyforge would allow to execute
gem install <project-name>

I must missing something, otherwise I won't see this:

[root@localhost ~]# gem install ruby-agi
Attempting local installation of 'ruby-agi'
Local gem file not found: ruby-agi*.gem
Attempting remote installation of 'ruby-agi'
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::GemNotFoundException)
    Could not find ruby-agi (> 0) in the repository
[root@localhost ~]#

I will truely appreciate your kind help.

Thanks,
Mohammad
Tom C. (Guest)
On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 02:37 +0900, Mohammad K. wrote:
> [root@localhost ~]# gem install ruby-agi
> Attempting local installation of 'ruby-agi'
> Local gem file not found: ruby-agi*.gem
> Attempting remote installation of 'ruby-agi'
> Updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rubyforge.org
> ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::GemNotFoundException)
>     Could not find ruby-agi (> 0) in the repository
> [root@localhost ~]#
>
> I will truely appreciate your kind help.

Hi Mohammad -

Hm, I think you're hitting this problem:

Yours,

Tom
Mohammad K. (Guest)
would rubyforge server be happy with the package build with ruby-1.8.4?
Tom C. (Guest)
On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 11:46 +0900, Mohammad K. wrote:
> would rubyforge server be happy with the package build with ruby-1.8.4?

Hi Mohammad -

Hm, I think so... although I haven't tried it... but yes, I think that
bug was fixed with 1.8.4.

Yours,

Tom