Forum: Ruby Rubydoc.org

Belorion (Guest)
Does anyone know the status of Rubydoc.org?  I haven't been able to get
it
to load over the last week or so.  Even before then I only seemed to
have a
50/50 shot at actually reaching the site.

-Matt
James G. (Guest)
On Jan 9, 2006, at 11:02 AM, Belorion wrote:

> Does anyone know the status of Rubydoc.org?

I'm not sure what that URL is suppose to lead to, but I'm having no
trouble reaching http://www.ruby-doc.org/, if that is in fact what
you are looking for.

James Edward G. II

P.S.  Matt, would you please email me off-list
(removed_email_address@domain.invalid).  I've been trying to contact you,
unsuccessfully...
James B. (Guest)
Belorion wrote:
> Does anyone know the status of Rubydoc.org?  I haven't been able to get it
> to load over the last week or so.  Even before then I only seemed to have a
> 50/50 shot at actually reaching the site.

Are you looking for ruby-doc.org?

(note the dash in the name.)

James B.

Alan G. (Guest)
# host www.ruby-doc.org
www.ruby-doc.org is an alias for ruby-doc.org.
ruby-doc.org has address 207.44.206.37

# host www.rubydoc.org
www.rubydoc.org has address 216.143.148.24

'whois' shows two different registrants.  Is "rubydoc.org" also a ruby
site?
Lyle J. (Guest)
On 1/9/06, Alan G. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> # host www.ruby-doc.org
> www.ruby-doc.org is an alias for ruby-doc.org.
> ruby-doc.org has address 207.44.206.37
>
> # host www.rubydoc.org
> www.rubydoc.org has address 216.143.148.24
>
> 'whois' shows two different registrants.  Is "rubydoc.org" also a ruby site?

FWIW, looks like rubydoc.org is registered to Sean C. (also
the owner of rubynet.org). Don't know if Sean is actively doing
anything with Ruby these days or not, but he used to work on mod_ruby
and other useful things...
James B. (Guest)
Alan G. wrote:

> # host www.ruby-doc.org
> www.ruby-doc.org is an alias for ruby-doc.org.
> ruby-doc.org has address 207.44.206.37
>
> # host www.rubydoc.org
> www.rubydoc.org has address 216.143.148.24
>
> 'whois' shows two different registrants.  Is "rubydoc.org" also a ruby
> site?

I think it was, or was intended to be, but it drifted off.

But ruby-doc.org (a la ruby-lang.org, ruby-talk.org; basically,
ruby-*.org ) is the Ruby documentation site.

James

Ross B. (Guest)
On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 18:04:34 -0000, Lyle J.
wrote:

>> site?
>
> FWIW, looks like rubydoc.org is registered to Sean C. (also
> the owner of rubynet.org). Don't know if Sean is actively doing
> anything with Ruby these days or not, but he used to work on mod_ruby
> and other useful things...

Sean recently reappeared and is now keeping a hand on the helm of the
Libxml-ruby bindings (http://libxml.rubyforge.org) as we try to bring it
up to date and move it forward. We're currently working toward releasing
new version via Rubygems that will fix a few bugs and tidy things up a
bit.
Belorion (Guest)
Thanks all for the clarification.  I think my problem was that I just
googled rubydoc, and the first hit is rubydoc.org.

-Matt