Forum: Ruby empty string in response with method defined by means of add

aa (Guest)

I'm using a java web service with a ruby client. The easiest thing to
get me up & running quickly was to define the method by means of
add_method. Hence, I'm not using WSDL.

Sometimes I get a response where a parameter (formally described in
WSDL as type="soapenc:string") has attribute nil=true. In other
occasions it's empty.

The former is recognized by SOAP4R, telling me that the value is nil.
But the latter gives me a SOAP::Mapping::Object with @__soap_value={}
and @soap_value_type={}.

I don't know really what to do with this value. How can I either get an
empty string or understanand that the resulting object is really empty?

Thanks
AA
NAKAMURA, Hiroshi (Guest)