Forum: Ruby on Rails Using RJS templates with observe_form

Rice, David (LIT) (Guest)
Hi there,

I've been checking out RJS templates, and have been trying to use them
with the observe_form helper.

However, the form values are no longer being passed in the params (as
soon as I point the action to the non-rjs and add the 'update' clause
everything is working again). Is this expected?

Cheers,

Dave
toby sterrett (Guest)
on 2006-02-04 21:00
Rice, David (LIT) wrote:

> I've been checking out RJS templates, and have been trying to use them
> with the observe_form helper.
>
> However, the form values are no longer being passed in the params (as
> soon as I point the action to the non-rjs and add the 'update' clause
> everything is working again). Is this expected?

i've been having similar trouble with observe_field and rjs
templates...if I include the :update part, the raw javascript commands
are displayed, but also executed... if i leave out the :update, nothing
works. is there any way around this?
toby sterrett (Guest)
on 2006-02-04 22:43
toby sterrett wrote:

> i've been having similar trouble with observe_field and rjs
> templates...if I include the :update part, the raw javascript commands
> are displayed, but also executed... if i leave out the :update, nothing
> works. is there any way around this?

figured it out after some searching. turns out I had to remove the
:update and add

:with => "value"

and now it's working.