Forum: Ruby on Rails FCGI and Apache2 on win performance problem

Bojan M. (Guest)
Hi all,
I am having problems with FCGI and Apache2 on windows.
The error I often receive is 500 error code response with logs listed
down. I successfully use Webrick server and CGI (very slow). I had
configured apache as is described in these document:
http://dema.ruby.com.br/articles/2005/08/23/taming....

Any suggestions?

Logs:
> C:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.0.0/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:141:in
> C:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.0.0/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:52:in
> `process!'
>
> C:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.0.0/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:22:in
> `process!'
>     D:/rdocs/test/public/dispatch.fcgi:24
FastCGI crashlog is full of:

--
Bojan M.
Informatika Mihelac, Bojan M. s.p.  |  www.informatikamihelac.com

If I repeatedly reload a page that does no database access, it never
fails.  However, the moment I do foo = MyTable.find(:first), I can get
it to fail pretty quickly.  I have tried using both MySQL 4.1 and MySQL5

Actually, though, in addition to FCGI not working the way you describe,
I also see crashes with WebBrick on this machine.  It never crashes on
my development machine (Mac).  Unfortunately, I have to deploy on
windows.

Ray

Bojan M. wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am having problems with FCGI and Apache2 on windows.
> The error I often receive is 500 error code response with logs listed
> down. I successfully use Webrick server and CGI (very slow). I had
Bojan M. (Guest)
Ray, no it is not dual machine and I didn't have any problems when used
Apache CGI or WebRick.

best,
Bojan
Tom F. (Guest)
A fix for a WEBrick concurrency issue was just checked into the trunk.
http://dev.rubyonrails.org/changeset/3454

This is probably worse on a dual CPU machine.  Doesn't affect FCGI
though.