GIS Image coordinates / markers?

Hey everyone,
Is there Rails support for something like Google Maps, but using my
own images/maps?

Basically, I’d like to have my own maps/images, be able to drop
markers on them, center on certain attributes etc.

  • Nic

google maps is just javascript so you can drop it in anywhere on your
rails views.

As for custom images i believe this is set in the google API
javascript as follows:

var icon = new GIcon();
icon.image =
http://labs.google.com/ridefinder/images/mm_20_red.png”;
icon.shadow =
http://labs.google.com/ridefinder/images/mm_20_shadow.png”;
icon.iconSize = new GSize(12, 20);
icon.shadowSize = new GSize(22, 20);
icon.iconAnchor = new GPoint(6, 20);
icon.infoWindowAnchor = new GPoint(5, 1);

adam

Thanks, but what I was looking for was something with the interface of
Google Maps, but my own maps, like maps of buildings, or more
detailed areas.

On 1/6/06, Adam D. [email protected] wrote:

icon.shadowSize = new GSize(22, 20);

Basically, I’d like to have my own maps/images, be able to drop
Rails mailing list

  • Nic

This is too good to be true, thanks!

On 1/7/06, Alain R. [email protected] wrote:

Alain

  • Nic

Nic
> Thanks, but what I was looking for was something with the
interface of
> Google Maps, but my own maps, like maps of buildings, or more
> detailed areas.

There is code that does exactly that in "Pragmatic Ajax’ (1).
Even better, what you’re looking for is freely available :
http://media.pragprog.com/titles/ajax/ajaxian_maps.pdf

Alain

[1] : pdf, 20$
http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/ajax/index.html