Forum: Ruby on Rails DHTML on WEBrick

Brad E. (Guest)
I have some simple dhtml code in my rails app that hides fields I do not
need displayed. This worked great as soon as I click on the item that
initiates the hide, but within one second it pops back up. My assumption
is WEBrick is refreshing to a previous state and I wondered what y'all
thought was the appropriate way to handle. I thought maybe the default
environment in production would not refresh like that (i.e. it's for dev
only) but that wasn't it. Is it WEBrick or am I just off my rocker?
Thanks!

_______________________
Brad Eck
Sr. Software Engineer
Pelco
3500 Pelco Way
Clovis, CA 93612
Office - 800-289-9100
Email - removed_email_address@domain.invalid
<BLOCKED::mailto:removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Alex Y. (Guest)
Eck, Brad wrote:
> I have some simple dhtml code in my rails app that hides fields I do not
> need displayed. This worked great as soon as I click on the item that
> initiates the hide, but within one second it pops back up. My assumption
> is WEBrick is refreshing to a previous state and I wondered what y?all
> thought was the appropriate way to handle. I thought maybe the default
> environment in production would not refresh like that (i.e. it?s for dev
> only) but that wasn?t it. Is it WEBrick or am I just off my rocker? Thanks!

If it's only DHTML, it can't be WEBrick.  It's got to be the javascript
execution in the browser.  That's unless the javascript's making an AJAX
call.  The thing to try would be to save the generated code locally, and
open it in the browser as a flat file.  That should take WEBrick out of
the equation.