Forum: Ruby Ruby and IBM MQ Series

Juan pablo N. (Guest)
on 2006-01-06 23:02
Hi folks!

I'm thinking about doing web development on RoR for my shop, but most of
our clients use the IBM middleware MQSeries.

I can't find a library to use MQSeries from Ruby. Does such a thing even
exists? Or should I build it myself?

Ideas?
Brian McCallister (Guest)
You could probably do bindings to the XMS C api for MQSeries without
a lot of pain.

-Brian
Juan pablo N. (Guest)
on 2006-01-07 03:27
Brian McCallister wrote:
> You could probably do bindings to the XMS C api for MQSeries without
> a lot of pain.
>
> -Brian

That doesn't sound too impresive. I will give it a try.
Reid M. (Guest)
on 2006-11-07 22:08
Hi Juan,

Don't know if you can still use it, but there is now a complete
implementation of the WebSphere MQ (MQSeries) API available for Ruby.

I have used it extensively in Production migrations and we are also
using it to build a WebSphere MQ monitoring application in Ruby on
Rails.

http://rubywmq.rubyforge.org/

The download contains several useful samples.

Regards
Reid Morrison