Forum: Ruby Another milestone for Ruby!

Jeremy H. (Guest)
From the Jifty home page, <URL:http://jifty.org/view/HomePage>:

    Jifty is written in Perl. If you're familiar with Ruby, Perl might
    feel like Ruby's quirky big brother.

You know you've arrived when people try to describe Perl by comparing
it to you!

Cheers,

Jeremy H.
Chad P. (Guest)
On Sat, Jan 07, 2006 at 03:42:59AM +0900, Jeremy H. wrote:
> >From the Jifty home page, <URL:http://jifty.org/view/HomePage>:
>
>     Jifty is written in Perl. If you're familiar with Ruby, Perl might
>     feel like Ruby's quirky big brother.
>
> You know you've arrived when people try to describe Perl by comparing
> it to you!

Holy crap.  No kidding.

That's a surprisingly appropriate random signature block I've got this
time, too.

--
Chad P. [ CCD CopyWrite | http://ccd.apotheon.org ]

Christian N. (Guest)

> From the Jifty home page, <URL:http://jifty.org/view/HomePage>:
>
>     Jifty is written in Perl. If you're familiar with Ruby, Perl might
>     feel like Ruby's quirky big brother.
>
> You know you've arrived when people try to describe Perl by comparing
> it to you!

Quidquid id est, timeo Danaos et dona ferentes.

05jan2006 #perl6
15:05 <obra> My plan worked perfectly. the perl as ruby's quirky brother
comment was intended to get ruby people to laugh
15:05 <audreyt> #
http://redhanded.hobix.com/inspect/hehMmmnnPerlPeople.html
15:05 <audreyt> obra++ # evil genius
Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT (Guest)
Hi!

At Sat, 7 Jan 2006 04:33:42 +0900, Christian N. wrote:
> Quidquid id est, timeo Danaos et dona ferentes.

This corresponds to "Do not trust Perl mongers - even if they say your
programming language is superior to Perl." while the right description
were "Do not trust Perl mongers - ESPECIALLY if they say your
programming language is superior to Perl."

Besides that: We have enough holy wars these days. Christians/Muslims,
Jews/Muslims, Debian/<insert commercial distribution here>,
Sustainable Development/Maximization of Profit, Freedom/Security, ...

Where my concept of "holy war" is that all sides involved think they
have the one and only answer to a question.

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
Karl von Laudermann (Guest)
Jeremy H. wrote:
> From the Jifty home page, <URL:http://jifty.org/view/HomePage>:
>
>     Jifty is written in Perl. If you're familiar with Ruby, Perl might
>     feel like Ruby's quirky big brother.
>
> You know you've arrived when people try to describe Perl by comparing
> it to you!

<Yakov>
In Soviet Russia, Perl is compared to you!
</Yakov>