Forum: Ruby Snakes and Rubies Video and Audio Online!

John W. Long (Guest)
It is my pleasure to announce that the video and audio from the Snakes
and Rubies event is now Online. So if you missed the event the first
time, or if you would like to review what was said, head on over to the
Snakes and Rubies site and download it now:

http://snakesandrubies.com/

Since the whole event was around 3 hours, we've made it available in
several pieces for your downloading pleasure. Enjoy!

Kudos to Jacob Kaplan-Moss and the rest of the team who handled the
recording and editing.
Bil K. (Guest)
John W. Long wrote:
> It is my pleasure to announce that the video and audio from the Snakes
> and Rubies event is now Online.

Thank you.

Question: where do I get a "wish my site was on Rails" icon?

Later,
Dan S. (Guest)
Those videos were interesting. Thanks for the pointer.

I was intrigued by the fact that the Django guy's presentation was
funny, warm and very marketing-friendly while DHH's talk on Rails was
practically all code, pretty deep and assumed a lot of prior
knowledge. I don't know how the audience responded but clearly the
two speakers had radically different goals and/or audiences in mind.

But it was quite entertaining and it helped me further solidify my
reasons for going with RoR over Django, which was my final sort-cut
at this whole biz a few weeks back.

On Jan 6, 2006, at 2:22 AM, Bil K. wrote:

> Bil K.
> http://fun3d.larc.nasa.gov

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
Dan S.
Technology Visionary - Technology Assessment - Documentation
"Looking at technology from every angle"
http://www.eclecticity.com
J. Ryan S. (Guest)
On Jan 6, 2006, at 1:02 PM, Dan S. wrote:

> at this whole biz a few weeks back.
An event like this would _probably_ interest those who already know
either Django or RoR or both, with a handful of curious CS faculty
and students.  :)

Can anyone who attended the event speak about their reaction to the
presentations?

~ ryan ~
John W. Long (Guest)
Bil K. wrote:
> Question: where do I get a "wish my site was on Rails" icon?

Why not:

http://wiseheartdesign.com/articles/2006/01/06/rails-badges/

Enjoy! :-)
Andreas S. (Guest)
on 2006-01-07 01:43
John W. Long wrote:
> Bil K. wrote:
>> Question: where do I get a "wish my site was on Rails" icon?
>
> Why not:
>
> http://wiseheartdesign.com/articles/2006/01/06/rails-badges/

By the way, because I saw it on your site: what's the status of the
ruby-lang.org redesign?
John W. Long (Guest)
J. Ryan S. wrote:
> Can anyone who attended the event speak about their reaction to the
> presentations?

There's a nice recap over on the Django Web site:

http://www.djangoproject.com/weblog/2005/dec/04/sn...

And there is a nice list of other blog entries at the bottom of David's
own recap over at his site:

http://www.loudthinking.com/arc/000545.html

I thoroughly enjoyed the event myself, but I also helped coordinate it
so maybe I'm a little biased. :-)
John W. Long (Guest)
Andreas S. wrote:
> By the way, because I saw it on your site: what's the status of the
> ruby-lang.org redesign?

It's going slower than we would have liked, but much of that has been
because all of the people on the project are living very busy lives. :-)

I've recently left my place of employment though and am beginning my own
business. To start things off I'm planning on seeing the Ruby-Lang
design through to completion. So things should be picking up on it this
month. You are welcome to follow along on my Weblog. :-)
Bil K. (Guest)
John W. Long wrote:
> Bil K. wrote:
>
>> Question: where do I get a "wish my site was on Rails" icon?
>
> Why not:
>
> http://wiseheartdesign.com/articles/2006/01/06/rails-badges/

Excellent.

Add to our lame site: http://fun3d.larc.nasa.gov

Thanks,
David V. (Guest)
Bil K. wrote:

> Excellent.
>
> Add to our lame site: http://fun3d.larc.nasa.gov
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Bil

Oooh, now there's a great gimmick to annoy anyone at uni that restricts
my implementation environment ;P

David V.