Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails on dual network port machine

Richard (Guest)
on 2006-01-05 07:32
I want to run rails on a machine with two networks connected such that
rails listens on both.
For example

ruby script/server -b192.168.1.10 -b192.168.254.31

It only binds to the second one.

Any ideas?
Jason Ketterman (Guest)
The second argument overrides the first.

The default bind port (0.0.0.0) will bind to both IPs. Is that not
working for you?

- Jason
Richard (Guest)
on 2006-01-05 07:40
Jason Ketterman wrote:
> The second argument overrides the first.
>
> The default bind port (0.0.0.0) will bind to both IPs. Is that not
> working for you?
>
> - Jason

That was it.  I had to make a hole in my firewall, and in the process
had switched to direct binding while debugging iptables.
I've switched back to 0.0.0.0
Thanks