Forum: Ruby Re: Proposed new rule

Warren B. (Guest)
James,

> Warren are you using a threading MUA?

    I use Outlook, which *can* thread, but since ruby-talk is such a
high-volume list with a very low signal to noise ratio, I usually just
scan subject lines in a non-threaded view.  If everybody else is using
threading and everyone always posts QUIZ-related stuff in the
appropriate thread, then by all means don't change anything.  I'm not
trying to place unreasonable burdens on other people just to make my
life easier.  I just thought there were other people besides me having
trouble finding all QUIZ-related posts, and I thought that this would be
a simple, easy solution to the problem.

    - Warren B.
James G. (Guest)
On Jan 4, 2006, at 4:31 PM, Warren B. wrote:

> James,
>
>> Warren are you using a threading MUA?
>
>     I use Outlook, which *can* thread, but since ruby-talk is such a
> high-volume list with a very low signal to noise ratio, I usually just
> scan subject lines in a non-threaded view.  If everybody else is using
> threading and everyone always posts QUIZ-related stuff in the
> appropriate thread, then by all means don't change anything.

Everyone can always make use of Google threading, of course:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby

Just making sure we're all aware of that resource.

James Edward G. II