Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails Wiki gets hit by the spam bots

Dan Weinand (Guest)
on 2006-01-04 06:21
I was just looking over the open source projects page on the rails wiki
today, when I noticed it had gotten hit with several paragraphs of asian
wiki spam. It looks like nearly all of today's revisions were spam. When
I was going through and deleting the spam, I found on some pages earlier
english spam stuck in lists or divs using css's display: none or height:
1 to hide them from casual page viewers.

I cleaned up what I could find, but it might be useful to go through and
do an audit for hidden (or non-hidden) wiki spam.

--
Dan Weinand
Bill W. (Guest)

Doesn't the Rails Wiki (and wiki's in general) have a change tracking
and
report capability?

Thanks,
Bill