Forum: Ruby Changes to Ruby since pick-axe book came out

Asfand Yar Q. (Guest)

I'd be interested in knowing a list of changes made to Ruby since the
pick-axe book came out.  You know, to staple to the inside back cover
so that I know these things when I need them...

Spank you smelly much in advance

--
Entry in RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 readme.txt file:
RollerCoaster Tycoon2 must be played on a video card capable of

And the proof that playing too many strategy games causes loss of
humour:
http://tinyurl.com/dyrtt
Austin Z. (Guest)
On 03/01/06, Asfand Yar Q. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I'd be interested in knowing a list of changes made to Ruby since the
> pick-axe book came out.  You know, to staple to the inside back cover
> so that I know these things when I need them...

Which Pickaxe are you talking about?

-austin
Gregory B. (Guest)
On 1/3/06, Asfand Yar Q. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd be interested in knowing a list of changes made to Ruby since the
> pick-axe book came out.  You know, to staple to the inside back cover
> so that I know these things when I need them...

1.8.3 broke something in YAML that caused RubyForge to not accept your
gems properly.  1.8.4 fixed this.  Not something that really matters
if you're up to date or out of date, but might be worthwhile to keep
in mind if you're running on a machine that has 1.8.3 on it.

Other than that, you might want to google for the Changelogs
Gene T. (Guest)
Gregory B. wrote:
> On 1/3/06, Asfand Yar Q. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> Other than that, you might want to google for the Changelogs

bug tracker and changlogs

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?atid=1698&group_id=4...

http://www.ruby-lang.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ruby/ChangeLog
http://i.loveruby.net/en/ruby-dev-summary.html