Forum: Ruby on Rails Are cache sweepers used?

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Tom L. (Guest)
on 2006-01-04 00:21
(Received via mailing list)
After drawing many virtual blank stares in the IRC channel and finding
zero results on the wiki for 'sweeper' I'm left to wonder whether
these are actually officially supported, or are on their way toward
being deprecated. Is there a better way of expiring caches on model
saves and deletions?

Sincerely,

Tom L.
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
http://AllTom.com/
Belorion (Guest)
on 2006-01-04 00:36
(Received via mailing list)
Hi Tom.

On 1/3/06, Tom L. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>
> After drawing many virtual blank stares in the IRC channel and finding
> zero results on the wiki for 'sweeper' I'm left to wonder whether
> these are actually officially supported, or are on their way toward
> being deprecated. Is there a better way of expiring caches on model
> saves and deletions?
>

I use several Sweepers in my Rails app with great success.  I can't
vouch
for whether they are "officially" supported (or deprecated), but they
are
working for me right now under Rails 1.0.  If you can perhaps give more
specifics as to what information you are looking for regarding Sweeping
I
might be able to help you out.

-Matt
Rick O. (Guest)
on 2006-01-04 03:39
(Received via mailing list)
On 1/3/06, Belorion <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Hi Tom.
>
> On 1/3/06, Tom L. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > After drawing many virtual blank stares in the IRC channel and finding
> > zero results on the wiki for 'sweeper' I'm left to wonder whether
> > these are actually officially supported, or are on their way toward
> > being deprecated. Is there a better way of expiring caches on model
> > saves and deletions?

Rails Weenie puts them to great use:

http://techno-weenie.net/svn/projects/rails_help/a...

--
rick
http://techno-weenie.net
Tom L. (Guest)
on 2006-01-04 10:32
(Received via mailing list)
On 1/3/06, Rick O. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Rails Weenie puts them to great use:
>
> http://techno-weenie.net/svn/projects/rails_help/a...

Hah, an excellent example. Thank you!

> rick
> http://techno-weenie.net

Sincerely,

Tom L.
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
http://AllTom.com/
csn (Guest)
on 2006-01-15 22:30
Quick question - in what directory/ies should sweeper files be saved?

csn
Belorion (Guest)
on 2006-01-17 18:49
(Received via mailing list)
On 1/15/06, csn <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>
> Quick question - in what directory/ies should sweeper files be saved?
>
> csn
>


I do beleive app/models is the standard location.

-Matt
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.