Forum: Ruby Mailing list question

Joe Van D. (Guest)
I'd like to not receive the email that I send to the list (gmail
already shows the sent version).  I snooped around, but couldn't find
a way to do it.  Any ideas?
Lyle J. (Guest)
On 1/3/06, Joe Van D. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> I'd like to not receive the email that I send to the list (gmail
> already shows the sent version).  I snooped around, but couldn't find
> a way to do it.  Any ideas?

Can you not just set up a Gmail filter on e-mails from
"removed_email_address@domain.invalid" and to
On 1/3/06, Lyle J. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> On 1/3/06, Joe Van D. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>
> > I'd like to not receive the email that I send to the list (gmail
> > already shows the sent version).  I snooped around, but couldn't find
> > a way to do it.  Any ideas?
>
> Can you not just set up a Gmail filter on e-mails from
> "removed_email_address@domain.invalid" and to "removed_email_address@domain.invalid"?

Oh, yeah, probably.  *blinks dumbly*
James B. (Guest)
Joe Van D. wrote:
> I'd like to not receive the email that I send to the list (gmail
> already shows the sent version).  I snooped around, but couldn't find
> a way to do it.  Any ideas?

Tell GMail not to show you the copy?

James

Joe Van D. (Guest)
On 1/3/06, James B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Joe Van D. wrote:
> > I'd like to not receive the email that I send to the list (gmail
> > already shows the sent version).  I snooped around, but couldn't find
> > a way to do it.  Any ideas?
>
> Tell GMail not to show you the copy?

I was hoping there was some option (like on the Rails mailing list)
that you can set to not send yourself copies of messages that you send
to the list.
Gregory B. (Guest)
On 1/3/06, Lyle J. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> On 1/3/06, Joe Van D. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> Can you not just set up a Gmail filter on e-mails from
> "removed_email_address@domain.invalid" and to "removed_email_address@domain.invalid"?

This works but keep in mind it'll trash your message as soon as you send
it.
Ross B. (Guest)
On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 21:14:58 -0000, Joe Van D.
wrote:

> I'd like to not receive the email that I send to the list (gmail
> already shows the sent version).  I snooped around, but couldn't find
> a way to do it.  Any ideas?

Oops, disregard my silly suggestion. *sorry*
wrote:

> I'd like to not receive the email that I send to the list (gmail
> already shows the sent version).  I snooped around, but couldn't find
> a way to do it.  Any ideas?

Try sending a message to removed_email_address@domain.invalid with:

	skip

in the *body*. Looks like that might work.