Forum: Ruby mod_ruby

ImperfectFreak (Guest)
on 2006-01-03 21:33
I am running FreeBSD on my server, I have Apache 1.3.33 running. I have
installed mod_ruby, I think. I added "Include
/usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf.mod_ruby" to httpd.conf. I have a file
called test.rbx all it has is some basic stuff

puts "Content-Type: text/html"
puts
puts "<html>"
puts "<body>"
puts "<h1>Hello Ruby!</h1>"
puts "</body>"
puts "</html>"

and index.html is just has a link to test. When i click on the link I
get an error...

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /test.rbx on this server.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at foo.bar.com Port 80
Justin C. (Guest)
You probably need to set httpd.conf to associate the execution of .rbx
files with mod_ruby. I believe the information is in the docs that come
with mod_ruby. Or possibly the permissions on the directory are not set
properly?

-Justin
why the lucky stiff (Guest)
Justin C. wrote:

>> Apache/1.3.33 Server at foo.bar.com Port 80

Or the permissions of the script:

  chmod 755 test.rbx

_why
Kashia B. (Guest)

On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 20:34:03 +0100, ImperfectFreak
> Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access /test.rbx on this server.

You might want to check in your filesystem, if that file is readable and
executable by the user of Apache.

Kash