Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails is slow on Apache !!!

Vivek K. (Guest)
Hi ,
  I have rails running on my development machine. I have installed
mod_ruby
and set up the httpd.conf file to add handlers for .rb files. But the
speed
I get is still slow compared to webrick which is blazingly fast.
I have 2 questions
1. How do I determine if mod_ruby is loaded and is being used to run my
ruby
scripts ?
2. Which of these fcgi /mod_ruby is faster ?
Thanks
vivek
Norman T. (Guest)
Am Dienstag, den 03.01.2006, 12:24 +0530 schrieb Vivek K.:
> vivek
1. Don't know, but mod_ruby is no choice if you want a fast responding
app, at all.

2. See 1.

If you have a Debian System, you may want to follow my quick HowTo to
setup Fcgi.

http://blog.inlet-media.de/the-perfect-ruby-on-rai...
Gerard (Guest)
Vivek,

Not to confuse you but here is another good looking debian way, with
apache2
and lighttpd and scgi. (I wrote looking because I want to pursue it
myself,
but haven't yet). Links about the latter two:

http://www.zedshaw.com/projects/scgi_rails/index.html
http://brainspl.at/rails_stack.html

I'm a hoster and very fond of apache2. Since I use a lot of apache's
features
I'm not able (and probably willing) to completely replace (read kick
out)
apache2. The plan is to see how a proxy works. That way rails apps are
redirected to an internal higher prot number, and I get to keep apache
running as is.

An finding you might have are welcome .. :-)

Regards,

Gerard.

On Tuesday 03 January 2006 07:54, Vivek K. tried to type something
like:

--
"Who cares if it doesn't do anything?  It was made with our new
Triple-Iso-Bifurcated-Krypton-Gate-MOS process ..."

My $Grtz =~ Gerard;
~
:wq!