Forum: Ruby January Ruby events in the SF Bay Area

Rich M. (Guest)
Bosco So has located a promising new venue for the SF Ruby Meetup:

  There is WiFi access to the Internet as well as a large plasma
  TV/monitor for presentations. In addition to offering caffeine
  in various forms, they have sandwiches and desserts.  Lastly,
  there are lots of dining opportunities nearby for apres-event
  chowing.

    -- http://ruby.meetup.com/6/events/4815812

Meanwhile, I'm continuing to schedule Beer & Pizza SIGs, allowing
us to have comestibles, conversation, etc.  My spouse Vicki and I
really like Wild Pepper; see her review at

  http://www.cfcl.com/vlb/weblog/archives/000904.html

so you can expect a fair sampling of "Beer and Egg Roll SIGs" to
show up in the mix.  Unlike Pasquales Pizzeria, Wild Pepper tends
not to be a crowded venue.  This is bad for them, but good for us
(quiet environment, lots of available tables, etc.)  Works...

1/10  6:15 pm    The San Francisco Ruby Meetup Group will meet at the
                 Golden Gate Perk cafe (401 Bush St.; SF, CA).  For
                 details and directions, see
                 http://ruby.meetup.com/6/events/4815812

                 6:15 - general Q/A, problem solving, and caffeine

                 7:00 - talk on Model-based Documentation by (sigh)
                        yours truly.

                 7:30 - back to caffeine and conversation

1/25  8:00 pm    The Beer & Pizza SIG will meet at Wild Pepper (3601
                 26th St.; SF, CA).  For details and directions, see
                 http://cfcl/rdm/beer_and_pizza

-r

P.S.  If you are planning a Ruby-related event in the SF Bay Area, be
      sure to let me know about it (early) so that I can list it!
--
email: removed_email_address@domain.invalid; phone: +1 650-873-7841
http://www.cfcl.com        - Canta Forda Computer Laboratory
> P.S.  If you are planning a Ruby-related event in the SF Bay Area,
> be sure to let me know about it (early) so that I can list it!

Well, now that we've survived the holidays (hopefully??), if there's
sufficient interest in a south bay ruby meeting, let it be known and I
can set a date to host something, even if it's just a meet and greet
for south bay ruby/rails developers.  I could probably put together a
quick ditty on libxml, memcache, rails (penny-arcade.com), or
PostgreSQL if folks are interested in those topics.  -sc
Sean C. (Guest)