Forum: Ruby Toronto Ruby User Group meeting Sun 8 Jan 2005

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Mike S. (Guest)
on 2006-01-03 00:33
(Received via mailing list)
Happy new year to everyone.

The next meeting of the Toronto Ruby U. Group is on Sunday 8
January 2006 at the Linux Caffe at 13:00.  http://www.trug.ca/
Sun_Jan_08%2C_2006

Mike

--

Mike S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
http://www.stok.co.uk/~mike/

The "`Stok' disclaimers" apply.
Chad P. (Guest)
on 2006-01-03 00:36
(Received via mailing list)
On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 07:33:07AM +0900, Mike S. wrote:
> Happy new year to everyone.
>
> The next meeting of the Toronto Ruby U. Group is on Sunday 8
> January 2006 at the Linux Caffe at 13:00.  http://www.trug.ca/
> Sun_Jan_08%2C_2006

Holy cow.  You have a cafe just for Linux users?

--
Chad P. [ CCD CopyWrite | http://ccd.apotheon.org ]

print substr("Just another Perl hacker", 0, -2);
Austin Z. (Guest)
on 2006-01-03 00:54
(Received via mailing list)
On 02/01/06, Chad P. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 07:33:07AM +0900, Mike S. wrote:
> > Happy new year to everyone.
> >
> > The next meeting of the Toronto Ruby U. Group is on Sunday 8
> > January 2006 at the Linux Caffe at 13:00.  http://www.trug.ca/
> > Sun_Jan_08%2C_2006
> Holy cow.  You have a cafe just for Linux users?

Yeah. You know how tolerant Toronto is ;)

Linux Caffe has its own website at http://linuxcaffe.ca/. With one
exception (the ATM), I think that everything electronic in the store
is running something open source.

-austin
Sy Ali (Guest)
on 2006-01-03 05:06
(Received via mailing list)
On 1/2/06, Chad P. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Holy cow.  You have a cafe just for Linux users?

BSD users are welcome too.  ;)

Actually, Austin's right on the money.. even the point of sale is
running open source.

Customers get wireless that reaches out into the park outside.. to
promote tanning* and reduce the number of pasty-white hackers.  =)


*not many people tan in winter, I know.
Bryan Rieger (Guest)
on 2006-01-03 06:24
(Received via mailing list)
Austin Z. wrote:

> Yeah. You know how tolerant Toronto is ;)
>
>Linux Caffe has its own website at http://linuxcaffe.ca/. With one
>exception (the ATM), I think that everything electronic in the store
>is running something open source.
>
>
Wow! As a former Torontonian (now living in Vancouver) let me just say -
that is friggin' cool.
I'm assuming it's in the Annex and not Bay Street, but regardless -
awesome!

Bryan
Bob H. (Guest)
on 2006-01-03 16:24
(Received via mailing list)
On Jan 2, 2006, at 11:24 PM, Bryan Rieger wrote:

> I'm assuming it's in the Annex and not Bay Street, but regardless -
> awesome!

Good call! Annex 'south'... Grace and Harbord. I've been going by
this by car for months and never noticed it. A very nice little
place, and they won't kick you out if you use windows or osx. Though
the windows patrons might have to endure the various 're-education'
efforts inflicted upon them by their fellow customers... though they
seemed to have left Austin alone last meeting :-)

>
> Bryan
>

----
Bob H.                  -- blogs at <http://www.recursive.ca/
hutch/>
Recursive Design Inc.          -- <http://www.recursive.ca/>
Raconteur                      -- <http://www.raconteur.info/>
xampl for Ruby                 -- <http://rubyforge.org/projects/xampl/>
Austin Z. (Guest)
on 2006-01-03 16:27
(Received via mailing list)
On 03/01/06, Bob H. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Good call! Annex 'south'... Grace and Harbord. I've been going by
> this by car for months and never noticed it. A very nice little
> place, and they won't kick you out if you use windows or osx. Though
> the windows patrons might have to endure the various 're-education'
> efforts inflicted upon them by their fellow customers... though they
> seemed to have left Austin alone last meeting :-)

I think they leave me alone because they know that the main laptop I
have been using isn't supportable under Linux (not without losing ~80%
of the functionality). ;)

-austin
Sy Ali (Guest)
on 2006-01-04 03:45
(Received via mailing list)
On 1/3/06, Austin Z. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I think they leave me alone because they know that the main laptop I
> have been using isn't supportable under Linux (not without losing ~80%
> of the functionality). ;)

Yeah, if you boot off a linux livecd you can't even turn the screen!  ;)
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.