Forum: Ruby on Rails MySql GUI on Linux

Alex P. (Guest)
Hi there!

I'm justing starting out with the tutorials. What Linux GUIs for MySQL
are you people using?

alex

--
Alex P.
John M. (Guest)

Adler
Akbar (Guest)
On 1/3/06, Alex P. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I'm justing starting out with the tutorials. What Linux GUIs for MySQL
> are you people using?
>
> alex

http://www.mysql.com/products/administrator/
http://www.mysql.com/products/tools/query-browser/
Carmen -. (Guest)
on 2006-01-03 10:07
> http://www.mysql.com/products/administrator/
> http://www.mysql.com/products/tools/query-browser/

mysqlcc is deprecated and no longer builds with v5, mysqlquery-browser
doesnt build either but maybe thats a gcc issue who knows. the only one
ive gotten working is mysql-navigator (also found a few new GTK ones
that didnt build either), which is QT based but fairly primitive and the
UI is slightly less than intuitive. PHPMyAdmin is clearly still the best
choice if you dont mind bloating up your webserver a bit for this,
besides interacting with the model/db directly via irb/console of course