Forum: Ruby Test::Unit assert_throws

Mike B. (Guest)

Any good examples out there (I couldn't find any) of assert_throws?  I
would love to know also why its first argument is a symbol...

Thanks
Mike
James G. (Guest)
On Jan 1, 2006, at 11:42 AM, asplake wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Any good examples out there (I couldn't find any) of assert_throws?  I
> would love to know also why its first argument is a symbol...

I'm guessing you might be looking for Exception handling assertions.
If so, you want:

assert_raised()
assert_nothing_raised()

assert_throws() is related to catch()/throw(), useful in Ruby for
breaking out of nested constructs.

I hope that helps.

James Edward G. II
George O. (Guest)
"asplake" <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Any good examples out there (I couldn't find any) of assert_throws?  I
> would love to know also why its first argument is a symbol...

#assert_throw checks for a Kernel#throw, which takes a Symbol.
Perhaps you were after #assert_raise ?

--------------------

require 'test/unit'

def f