Forum: Ruby on Rails [ ANN ] Hieraki2

Alexander H. (Guest)
on 2006-01-01 09:08
Happy new year! Hieraki 2.0.0 is released.

You can download Hieraki2 from rubyforge.org as tgz or zip
(http://rubyforge.org/projects/hieraki).

Hieraki2 has a new wiki engine that ships with more than a dozen new
features:

    * everything-is-a-wiki-page (TM)
    * all pages are under version control
    * access control list
    * stay in full control of the tree structure by cut and pasting
pages
    * extend existing or build new page types easily
    * RSS2 Feeds
    * internal links that allow you to "duplicate" pages without having
to deal with multiple copies of the same original text

Hieraki is open source software released under the MIT-Licence. Thanks
to the folks who make it possible. Please help make this software better
with your contributions!

Enjoy,
Alexander H..
Jan P. (Guest)
Hi, Alex,

great news. I just gave it a first shot and want to take the opportunity
to report a problem that I'm having with the b_prime_tree. I'm creating
testfolders and documents from within root and happen to get something
like:

mysql> use hieraki2;
Database changed
mysql> select * from nodes;
+-------------+-------------+---------+----------+-----+-----+
| name        | parent_name | page_id | position | lft | rgt |
+-------------+-------------+---------+----------+-----+-----+
| ROOT        | 0           |       1 |        1 |   1 |   4 |
| JanPrill    |             |       2 |        1 |   0 |   0 |
| Root.child1 |             |       3 |        2 |   0 |   0 |
| Asdf        |             |       4 |        3 |   0 |   0 |
| MalSchauen  |             |       5 |        4 |   0 |   0 |
+-------------+-------------+---------+----------+-----+-----+
5 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Neither parent_name nore the lft and rgts of the tree get adjusted. Do
you have anything like this experienenced or got any idea why this is
happening?

Regards
Jan
Alexander H. (Guest)
on 2006-01-01 22:12
> Neither parent_name nore the lft and rgts of the tree get adjusted. Do
> you have anything like this experienenced or got any idea why this is
> happening?

No I have not. I am wondering what's wrong. Are you sure you have all
the dependencies?
Alexander H. (Guest)
on 2006-01-01 23:22
Alexander H. wrote:
>> Neither parent_name nore the lft and rgts of the tree get adjusted. Do
>> you have anything like this experienenced or got any idea why this is
>> happening?
>
> No I have not. I am wondering what's wrong. Are you sure you have all
> the dependencies?

Tobi Lütke contacted me and suggested I should pull in the rails
patches. So there is now a 2.0.1 release that is much easier to install.
Jan P. (Guest)
Hi Jan,

install Hieraki version 2.0.1 and the problem should be solved.

It contains a workaround for the bug in rails.

regards,
Helmut

Am 01.01.2006 um 22:47 schrieb Jan P.:
>  I think so. I've installed syntax and redcloth, but there seems to be
> a problem with the primary key field 'name' (see below)

Jan P. (Guest)
Thanks. And sorry that it was a RTFM-Matter - I must admit that I've not
read the readme properly...

Regards
Jan
Guest (Guest)
on 2006-01-02 21:13
Jan P. wrote:
> Thanks. And sorry that it was a RTFM-Matter - I must admit that I've not
> read the readme properly...
>
> Regards
> Jan

No problem at all. After thinking about it a little bit longer I
realized that many people would miss the README anyway. So shipping
Hieraki 2.0.1 with the rails_patches included makes most sense. Thanks
for the feedback!

-- www.hieraki.org