Forum: Ruby on Rails I have problem and/or not fully underestand rails --svn

Radek H. (Guest)
I experimented with rails --svn option.  I use following commands

  1 $ su root "mkdir -p /var/lib/svn/projekt; chown radek:radek
/var/lib/svn/projekt"
  2 Password:heslo roota
  3 $ svnadmin create /var/lib/svn/projekt
  4 $ mkdir -p /tmp/projekt/trunk
  5 $ svn import -m "Creating empty project projekt" /tmp/projekt
file:///var/lib/svn/projekt
  6 //var/lib/svn/pokus
  7 Adding         /tmp/projekt/trunk
  8
  9 Committed revision 1.
 10 $ rm -r /tmp/projekt
 11 $ svn checkout file:///var/lib/svn/projekt/trunk /tmp/projekt/rev1
 12 Checked out revision 1.
 13 $ rails --svn /tmp/projekt/rev1
 14 svn: '.' is not a working copy
 15 svn: '.' is not a working copy
 16       exists
 17       create  app/controllers
 18 svn: '/tmp/pokus/rev1/app' is not a working copy
 19       create  app/helpers
 20 svn: '/tmp/pokus/rev1/app' is not a working copy
 21       create  app/models
 22 svn: '/tmp/pokus/rev1/app' is not a working copy
 23       create  app/views/layouts
 24 svn: '/tmp/pokus/rev1/app/views' is not a working copy
 25       create  config/environments
 26 svn: '/tmp/pokus/rev1/config' is not a working copy
 27       create  components
 28 A         /tmp/pokus/rev1/components
 29       create  db
 30 A         /tmp/pokus/rev1/db
 31       create  doc

But as you can see, the rails --svn added few files to svn.

What I'm doing wrong.  What is --svn option for.

The actual version is on
http://www.hnilica.cz/book/ruby/rails.svn.create-p...

--
Radek Hnilica <Radek at Hnilica dot CZ>  http://www.hnilica.cz
>  14 svn: '.' is not a working copy

That should tell you the current directory is not a working copy.  It
doesn't make the directory a working copy if you import it.  You have
to check the project out somewhere, and then --svn should work.
--
rick
http://techno-weenie.net
On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 09:18:53AM -0600, Rick O. wrote:
> >  14 svn: '.' is not a working copy
>
> That should tell you the current directory is not a working copy.  It
> doesn't make the directory a working copy if you import it.  You have
> to check the project out somewhere, and then --svn should work.

hmmm... and what's line 11

 11 $ svn checkout file:///var/lib/svn/projekt/trunk /tmp/projekt/rev1
 12 Checked out revision 1.

If I try cd to working copy and then
rails --svn .

The first two errors (lines 14,15) wanished, but the rest is still here.

--
Radek Hnilica <Radek at Hnilica dot CZ>  http://www.hnilica.cz
						Turkish proverb